A simple “thank you” will never do it justice.
As soon as I met you, I knew you that were something truly special. You were charming, kind, and charismatic, and I couldn’t help but be drawn to you. But, never in a million years would I have guessed that now, after all this time, you would mean so much to me.
The funny thing is, I wasn’t looking for you, I just found you. Out of funny circumstance and total coincidence, we became friends, and got to know each other’s personalities, fears, hopes, and dreams. Then, we blossomed into something beautiful, something that I never saw coming.
But as blind as I was, I’m extremely glad that you stumbled into my weird little life and that you became such a big part of it. There are so many wonderful things to thank you for that I don’t even know where to begin. Words will never do it justice, but a girl can try, right?
- Thank you for putting me in my place – because sometimes I actually might be acting a little too harsh about that one girl that I don’t like, even if I’ll never admit it (sorry, not sorry.) I always appreciate your honesty, even when it’s something that’s hard to hear.
- Thank you for knowing how to handle me- or at least for pretending like you know how to, and doing an excellent job of it. I know I’m not always the easiest person to deal with, but you settle me down and make me smile in a way that no one else can.
- Thank you for always holding my hand (literally, and figuratively) – Not only do you keep my fingers warm now that it’s cold out (thank God) but you’re also not afraid to show me off to friends, family, and even strangers. Plus, being your arm candy is an awesome feeling.
- Thank you for always supporting me – You’re the best cheerleader/number one fan that I could ever ask for, and nothing is more reassuring than knowing that you’re right there to root for me in everything that I do.
- Thank you for not arguing (too much) when I want to pay for things- because sometimes I just want to assert that I’m a ~strong independent woman~ and you totally understand that, even if you don’t always like it.
- Thank you for letting me cuddle you endlessly and steal all of the sheets and pillows. You actually deserve an award for this one.
- Thank you for all of the compliments- because some days I feel like a potato, but you always reassure me that I’m beautiful just the way I am (although you may be lying sometimes.)
- Thank you for letting me attack you with hugs and kisses even if I just saw you an hour ago- Yes, I just saw you, but no, that doesn’t make me any less eager to smother you with love. You welcome the affection with open arms, and let me be the needy little koala that I am whenever I get the urge.
- Thank you for being silly- Some of my fondest memories with you involve weird faces, strange conversations, and pure craziness. We’ve even developed our own language of phrases and pet names. Yes, we may be weirdos, but I love that you never take things too seriously and you always know how to make me laugh.
- Thank you for being serious- Despite our silliness, you know exactly when to put on the serious, caring, boyfriend pants and you have impeccable timing.
- Thank you for making me feel so happy and humbled- There are days that I just sit and look at you and wonder how I got so lucky. Sometimes I feel that I don’t deserve someone as wonderful as you, but you always reassure me that you’re the “reacher” in our relationship, even though I’ll never agree. I prefer to think that we deserve each other pretty equally.
- Thank you for opening up to me – It’s great to know that you’re willing to discuss your life and some of your deepest secrets with me. I’ll always do my best to listen, help, and talk you through whatever it is you’re thinking about, and I know that you would do the same in return. You have allowed me into your heart and mind, which is a wonderful privilege.
- Thank you for being exactly who you are- Your passion for helping others, being kind, and making everyone around you smile is something that I will always be amazed by. You inspire me every single day, and I feel absolutely blessed to be a part of your life. You make me want to be a better version of myself, and you always encourage me to strive for the best.
It’s easy to call you my boyfriend (at least that’s what Facebook says you are). But, above all, I think you’re much more than that. You’re my partner in crime, my dinner date, my pillow, my cheerleader, and my confidant. Although I couldn’t see you coming, I am eternally grateful that you’re in my life today. Wherever the road takes us, I’m glad that I got to walk down that road with you, creating so many beautiful memories along the way.